$300 for logo design…?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    red_fox23
    Participant

A freelancer is insisting on this price. Is that reasonable for a professionally designed logo, or am I being taken for a dumbass?

MythOfMyself

If it’s a pro designer and for a business that aims to be profitable and differentiate from the competition, it’s actually cheap. $500 is reasonable. 800 starts to be expensive. But if it’s a “Fiverr” level design or a stock template logo, for 300, yeah, that’s expensive.

swestheim

That’s cheap.

valdan87

We offer it in-house for $250 and its only to people we know. You’re getting a fair and honest price for that.

My larger company paid well over $10,000 for a rebranding and website overhaul last year. Its something that lasts longer than a week and needs a thoughtful approach.

elgringo32

Very reasonable. It’s not easy coming up with a custom logo. They could easily spend 30 hours on the design and back and forth with you as the client.

dietcheese

That’s cheap.

Professional designers charge 1k-10k for this.

You get what you pay for.

genevieveoliver

So cheap

oappsit

It’s depends on designer and brand quality which you want to make. there are people who pay more than $300 for unique logo and there also designer who charge less than this.
    It’s all depends on you and designer, if you are satisfied with the quality of his work and you both are happy I think price is good.

StevieDoza

You could get 3 different Fiverr guys for that price. The only difficult thing with Fiverr is communication because many of the designers are not native English speakers. Despite this, the quality of work can still be great.

Brilliant_Bet

Um.. 300 dollars is cheap. A good designer would charge much more. I paid $2,000 for my logo. My designer gave me 5 options and he was awesome. This included extra hours of tweeks to the logo and laying it out for business cards and labels etc.

markaritaville

I used 48hr logo contest site… was a TON of responses and multiple rounds with revisions. $99

6 years later I still use the logo for my site

https://www.48hourslogo.com/project.php?id=31952

(Edit I see theyve cleared out all the entries.. or only I can see them if I logged in. used to be all public)

ballingundercontrol

It’s reasonable. They will spend hours tweaking your logo to your liking, also making other designs they think you might like.

jorgeagh

That’s actually a fair price. You’re not paying for someone to draw some computer image. You’re paying a professional to interpet your business idea and turn it into an icon.
    If you accept the offer, I recommend you go through the process with an objective and professional mindset. Avoid using words like “elegant, flashy, make it pop” because those words mean nothing to the designer. Instead, show examples of other logos you’ve liked and I assure you the process will be swift and you’ll get your money’s worth.

that_tom_

Totally reasonable if you want something done by someone with even a small amount of training and experience.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.