- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months, 2 weeks ago by brendt_gd.
- October 29, 2020 at 5:12 pm #1063muglugParticipant
Announcing Psalm 4October 29, 2020 at 5:12 pm #1064muglugGuest
Hey, I’m Matt, Psalm’s creator & maintainer.
This summary links to three more articles describing Psalm 4’s features:
* [Support for PHP 8](https://psalm.dev/articles/php-8-support)
* [Much better unused variable detection](https://psalm.dev/articles/better-unused-variable-detection)
* [It’s faster, by default](https://psalm.dev/articles/whats-the-difference)
Let me know what you think!October 29, 2020 at 5:12 pm #1065RomaVanGuest
Psalm gives a lot to PHP community
Thank you for your work!October 29, 2020 at 5:12 pm #1066gonnatjiekriekGuest
Fantastic, thank you so much for this project!!
Small question: I see [https://packagist.org/packages/vimeo/psalm](https://packagist.org/packages/vimeo/psalm) require php 7.3|^8 but [https://packagist.org/packages/psalm/phar](https://packagist.org/packages/psalm/phar) still only requires 7.1 – both packages are on v4.0.1. Is this merely an oversight, or is there a reason for the difference?October 29, 2020 at 5:12 pm #1067usernameqwerty004Guest
Good news! This is a great checker, recommended for everyone. 🙂October 29, 2020 at 5:12 pm #1068JosephLeedyGuest
I’m still trying to figure out whether I should switch from PHPStan to Psalm. Are there any additional benefits that it would offer?October 29, 2020 at 5:12 pm #1069brendt_gdGuest
So when I’m requiring psalm in a PHP 8 project it gives this error:
– vimeo/psalm 4.x-dev is an alias of vimeo/psalm dev-master and thus requires it to be installed too.
– vimeo/psalm[dev-master, 4.0.0-beta1, …, 4.x-dev] require felixfbecker/language-server-protocol ^1.4 -> satisfiable by felixfbecker/language-server-protocol[v1.4.0].
– felixfbecker/language-server-protocol v1.4.0 requires php ^7.0 -> your php version (8.0.0rc1) does not satisfy that requirement.
– Root composer.json requires vimeo/psalm ^4.0-dev -> satisfiable by vimeo/psalm[4.0.0-beta1, …, 4.x-dev (alias of dev-master)].
Seems like `felixfbecker/language-server-protocol` still doesn’t support PHP 8 yet, or am I doing something wrong?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.