[HELP], Creating an eCommerce website on Woocommerce for the first time? Checklist for Website building and what plugins and extensions should I install?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ANSHULGANDHI92
    Participant

Hello Internet,

I am creating an eCommerce store on woocommerce with the help of a web developer, haven’t hired one but I am about to hire someone. This is the first time I am making a website so don’t know about many things.

I would be forever grateful if you could help list down all things that I should take care of to develop a great and smooth running and working eCommerce website.

I know of few things that I am required to do such as domain registration, web hosting, SSL certification, theme/template for my website, web builder, payment gateways, security (not sure what is the right terminology used for it), etc.

But I know there are also a lot of other things that I should take care of, so if you can, then please help me note down what other things that I should take care of. I will personally research each and every category to know what is the best solution that works for me or makes my website better, for example, I know for SSL Certification – Let’s encrypt is a good option. If you have a personal recommendation in those categories then please feel free to mention them.

Also same with the plugins and extension that I should/must install for woocommerce. Both different types /areas of plugins such as payment gateways, shipping and tax calculations, and other areas, also recommendations in those plugins if you have any.

I know I can ask the web developer but knowing all this stuff will help me make better decisions and know what and why they are important for my website and what I am paying for, it can also help me in the hiring process for a web developer.

Some context about the store. It’s an eCommerce website for modern toys and games for kids with around 500 to 1000+ products, both local and international shipping and maybe even drop shipping, rental, and slot booking functionality.

Thank you, and would really appreciate any input, Thanks once again.

eddyparkinson

If you want to help the developer that you hire, top of my list would be to find similar sites that you like that do something close to what you want. Defining the desired end product often takes time, a few examples can speed things up.

Good_Possibility

I know this is a WordPress subreddit, but since you aren’t all that familiar with web design and are going to need to hire a developer, have you considered something that won’t require all the upfront setup like Shopify?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.