[HELP] Plugin for Dynamically Generated Table (Product Comparison)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    plushyyy
    Participant

Hi all,

I am a new developer who has just been approached by my first freelance client. The client is a small e-commerce business that wants amazon style product comparison charts for all their product pages where the first column will be dynamically populated by the products on their landing page. Is there a wordpress plugin that can help me easily create dynamic tables for product comparison? I know the first developer used a woocommerce api to build the original site.

Thanks!

PS: Image is the style of table they are looking for.

https://preview.redd.it/i88v1o08wmf51.png?width=1272&format=png&auto=webp&s=861e959100d7a4920391785677201375c40bf4dd

woonoob25

Woocommerce has a ton of extensions so if you’re trying to go the plugin route, that’s where I’d start. I’m almost sure they have something that’ll get you close to this.

If you’re wanting to roll your own, you just need to make a post loop for the product post type. WC documentation should clue you into the necessary functions to call the data. Some of their pre baked templating functions echo out fully formed components (specifically the add to cart button), so it might be better to dig into the functions themselves and see what makes them tick so you can either tweak and reuse them or, better yet, write your own.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.