How can I transfer an existing WordPress project Locally using MAMP?

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by wordpress_dev19.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Screamcloud
    Participant

I have been trying to find a tutorial using MAMP to transfer an existing WP project locally on my iMac. So far I have not found not ONE tutorial showing how to do this, all the tutorials I have found show you how to start a new local WordPress Project. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

scottstrawbridge

I suggest using Local by Flywheel for local WordPress development over MAMP. Super easy to use and configure and also free (there is also a paid version). Here is what I do: install All-in One WP Migration plugin on the live site and export a backup as a file and download the file to your Mac. There are size limitations with the free version of the plugin for import, so be aware of this.
    If you have a WordPress install on MAMP, install the All-in-One WP migration plugin on your local WordPress installation. (This is where the Local app shines over MAMP: its easy to set up multiple independent WordPress installations). On the local WordPress with the migration plug-in installed, go to the appropriate section in the Dashboard and import/export section and import the downloaded export file. This will overwrite whatever is on your local WordPress installation, be forewarned.

escapewithniko

PM me if you are comfortable receiving a tutorial video thru gDrive. I got you.

wordpress_dev19

Are you still need any help regarding transfer transfer an existing WordPress project?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.