- November 11, 2020 at 10:58 am #2071Desperate-Armadillo9Participant
Normally when one thinks about a Freelance Marketplace, names like Freelancer and Upwork comes to mind. I also want to start a Freelance Marketplace, but I don’t want to re-invent the wheel. After all there are enough WordPress themes out there that will do the job. Unfortunately, there is not one (that I now of) that offers a solution in the way that I want it to be.
Let me try to explain what I am looking for.
The system defines 2 sections – The Professional and The Customer.
Susan is a Customer in need of a plumber. She access the website and is able to fill in a form stating her:
– Category (Dropdown list of predefined categories)
– Details description of her problem
– Telephone Number
– Email address.
When Susan submit the form, it will be placed on the Homepage as a listing with all the other listings, from where it would be possible for a plumber to click on the listing and decide if he is interested in the job.
Now here is where the twist comes in
– In order for the plumber (The Professional) to be able to see Susan’s contact details, he must purchase credits.
– After being able to see the contact details, the Professional will be able to contact Susan by way of email and / or telephone, in order to send her a quotation / arrange for an onsite meeting.
– The system may only sell Susan’s contact detail to up to 6 interested professionals in order not to flood Susan with proposals
– The price of the credits will increase depending on the size of the project.
Therefore, it all boils down to a system that is selling CONTACT DETAILS (Business Lead) to (max of 6 per listing). There is no guarantee that when the Professional purchase the credits in order to see Susan’s contact details, that he will be appointed. That only gives you the opportunity to present Susan with a quotation.
– Plugin that will let me hide information until a payment was made.
– Integrate with Woocommerce in order to cater for more Payment Gateways.
In order to supply The Customer with good quality quotes one can implement something where The Professional must first register on the system and upload his ID and business documentation. This is just a small attempt to root out a fly by night individual.
Additionally I want the Professional to be able to list his own business profile on the system as well, from where it would be possible for the Customers to rate the Professional.
Any suggestions / help / nudge in the right direction would be appreciated
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.