Tailwindcss integration

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 days, 12 hours ago by RandomBlokeFromMars.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aqkne0
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

We at [TailwindUIKit.com](https://tuk.dev) are planning to add WordPress integration for our components and themes. What do you think is the best possible approach? Should we simply create WP themes for our templates or should we look into integrating our components with some page builder (not sure if that’s even possible).

lesthertod

I think you’ve got 3 paths, one is to make themes, which is a whole other creature than just an integration on my opinion, mainly due the time/effort vs scalability.

Two. You can do a plug-in that extends a page builder (Like Elementor or Beaver), that would make the core thing a bit faster, but you’ll end up married to them sort of speak (unless you’ve got the power to maintain several plugins/different builders or find a way to streamline the integration).

Three. Get it to work with WordPress blocks. Yeah, it’s a divisive topic the Gutenberg and such, still that’s the direction WP core is taking.

rodeBaksteen

I think you have to consider that 95% of WordPress users are novices and hobbyists. They won’t know/understand/care about CSS or tailwind.

I think most (custom) theme developers will include Tailwind themselves if they feel the need for it. I build custom themes for my clients and I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about Tailwind, so I might consider trying it at some point.

So I guess the question is what the integration should look like in the long run. Who is it for? Who can actually work with it and understand it?

As someone else said, WP is heading into Gutenberg (block editor). I think a most-native integration with that makes most sense, both for staying close to the WP core and future developments of the platform.

WhyIsThisUsernameFul

Would love for them to implement on WP.

Sjerd

For the developers: if you can write something that makes it work with the default classes of WP Blocks, i’m in! That would be really, really nice.

​

To all none-developers, if you can make a pagebuilder that generates custom blocks. that will be fine for (what rodeBaksteen said) 95% of the users.

LiLaLeprechaun

A bit off topic, but is this similar to tailwindui.com?

[deleted]

[deleted]

aqkne0

If we were to convert our templates into WP themes, that should be easy. But that also means no more “extending” of the theme as it won’t have additional utility classes other than the ones the theme shipped out with.

RandomBlokeFromMars

your website only shows this on a white background:

​

## An unexpected error has occurred.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.