Where can I host videos for paid members if I don’t want to host them myself?

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by BigBoogie.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Minimum_Report
    Participant

Hi. Complete WordPress newbie here.

I’m going to create a WordPress site that will contain a community, probably built using Buddyboss. Members will need to pay to access the community, where there’ll be able to load documents and view document other members have loaded. It will essentially be a sharing site.

I don’t want to host videos that are uploaded. How can I host videos elsewhere (e.g YouTube) but only grant access to paid members?

RabSimpson

Use Vimeo Pro. It makes it as difficult as possible for users to rip down copies of the videos.

catsloverareus

you can make youtube videos private and embed them in WordPress, there’s also vimeo and wistia that offer few more features

ItsBugsy

Vimeo Pro works great for us. If you need galleries I recommend Vimeography: https://vimeography.com/

As far as restricting your videos to paid members there are a lot of options. We use and like WooCommerce Memberships. You could also check out Restrict Content Pro, Memberpress, or Member Mouse.

superkoelkast

I can recommend mux.com

Pe4rs

OnlyFans

BigBoogie

Vdocypher had an appsumo not long ago. They host the encrypted video and it can only be viewed on the designated domain (your website). So if you put it behind a paywall you’ re good. Not sure how secure the process is but works good enough for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.